From: rolando_ruiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rolando_ruiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thu 27/07/2006 17:24
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Deny client from obtaining IP address

Hello all,

Is there a way that in DHCP or so, one can deny a client computer from
obtaining an IP address? We use Microsoft servers ADS environment and
I'd like to allow only those we want to obtain
an IP address. I don't want to make it too restricted where authorized
users are unable to connect. I'm sure there are some 3rd party apps that
can handle this and I welcome suggestions on those also. This is a
solution for denying connectivity to outsiders.

Thank you

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic
Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec
management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting
experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed
degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: Re: Enterprise Level Email Encryption
    ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Sandboxie
    ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: How to stop Admins from sniffing ?
    ... I work in a small organisation and the system and network administrators ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: user default password checking tool
    ... If you are in an Windows 2003/2000 domain enviroment, ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: How to find process behing TCP connection ?
    ... If not, perhaps you could attempt to telnet or putty into the port, and see ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)