Re: Password Cracking using Djohn

Ahmad N wrote:
a very nice and fast alternative to the cracking method you are using

the magic word........rainbow tables
I have considered rainbow tables, but I have not figured out a good way
to generate a useful set of rainbow tables in a reasonable amount of
time. I suppose that is the whole point of encrypting/hashing
passwords, but I would like to be able to see how strong the passwords
really are. How would I go about distributing rainbow table generation?

http://passcracking.ru
Link seems to be bad.

--
Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • RE: ADS Password Storage Protection
    ... but I thought rainbow tables only worked with NTLM ... Even compound dictionary words are bad, ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Best way to encrypt password in database.
    ... 5.7e+37 terabytes just for all the possible hashes. ... but rainbow tables are still an issue. ... problem is that the set of passwords people actually use in real life IS ... you could fit the entire world's passwords & MD5 hashes on ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • RE: Etc/shadow file and john
    ... I agree Rainbow Tables can greatly speed up the process. ... CCCure Enterprise Security & Training Inc. ... > I am doing an assesment for passwords on a network, ... > uses any other password programs, and is there a better format than a ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Best way to encrypt password in database.
    ... 5.7e+37 terabytes just for all the possible hashes. ... but rainbow tables are still an issue. ... problem is that the set of passwords people actually use in real life IS ... you could fit the entire world's passwords & MD5 hashes on ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Any GIMP users (Linux)
    ... Microsoft didn't even get the basics right, like adding salt to ... password hashes to thwart rainbow table attacks, ... What leads you to believe that this technique "thwarts rainbow ... truly random sequences as passwords and use passwords of reasonable length ...
    (rec.photo.digital)