File field permissions?

I need to find out about how to accomplish different permissions on similar fields in a database. I'll explain below:

I am investigating whether it would be possible to setup a database located at a HEAD Office location. The entry and viewing of each of its data records is done from a web interface via web forms.

A running club gives each of its members a unique member number and password. some of those members are not normal 'users' but actually look after a few specific members.

Details Member number
Runner A 12345
Runner B 67890
Manager of both A and B 15937

Runner A and B access the database and enter their specific exercise session details onto the fields they are allowed to edit ie 1,2 of a 3 field webform. Each runner will be able to view field 3 but not edit it.

Manager logs in later to check what 'his' members have been doing. The manager will be able to view field 1,2 but not edit them. He can only edit field 3 of the 3 field form.

Would the above be possible and if so roughly how? I would think that the member number would dictate what fields can be edited, but I do not know how to accomplish this.

Tnx for the help

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • asp
    ... I need to have a database (excel) on a site that can be ... to view but not edit, any suggestions on best way to ...
  • Re: System Administrator Implied Permissions
    ... > sa login, it assigns it the System Administrator fixed ... > Now, given this, why does SQL Server ... in each database is always a member of the public and db_owner roles. ... Other sysadmin role members have the exact same ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Seen the Survey?
    ... Maybe I've got this whole Scouting thing completely wrong, ... doubtless on virtual Scouting where kids can camp on line, ... I think part of this is looking at getting all members into the ... national Membership database - so that the Association understands it's ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: It was working fine but I read somewhere that for greater normalization of
    ... I have created an access 2007 database for our carers membership. ... I am learning very quickly how access databases function, and need a sample to show me the relationship which will allow me to link spouses, or members residing under the one address. ... but when I try to use it it just shows the spouse in the first spot as the ... These newsgroups are provided by Microsoft for FREE peer to peer support. ...
  • Re: Seen the Survey?
    ... What happens when kids join ... or both between census letters? ... they members even though they are not... ... It is the devils own job to keep the membership database, ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)