Re: Re: RE: ADS Password Storage Protection

Winshel;

Actually, a passphrase is not as secure as a random password. As you probably have heard, "Don't use dictionary words" over and over again. Even compound dictionary words are bad, ie: "firedogdalmation". Compounding dictionary words with spaces, punctuation, and even gramatically correct modifiers in between is really no different than without. It's a very simple substitution to try; "firedogdalmation" and then try "fire dog dalmation", "Fire Dog Dalmation", "Dalmation the Fire Dog", etc.

Using compound dictionary words could come back to bite you very quickly, even when used in long phrases.

Sincerely,

Eric Baechle, CISSP/ISSEP, etc.
Senior INFOSEC/OPSEC Engineer
Department of Homeland Security