Re: Security Awareness

razk@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello

As part of a voluntary act, I would like to give lectures on security awareness to kids between the ages of 7-14

Could you please provide me some starting points of the major issues I should present to them?

This should be VERY basic stuff due to their ages.

Thank you.

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

The first and foremost thing should be to never, ever, ever give their real names, phone numbers, and addresses out. Ever, to anybody.

Then, teach them how not to run executables willy nilly.

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

  • Re: ADS Password Storage Protection
    ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ... Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Require password for network access
    ... Require password for network access ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: List of Full Disc Encryption products
    ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ... Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Secure Proxy
    ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ... Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Secure Proxy
    ... There's any 'secure proxy' to do that? ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ...
    (Security-Basics)