Re: Wake-On-LAN security

blank@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
You should also be able to disable WOL via the NIC driver and/or its interface (if it has a GUI tool). I'd recommend you look up the documentation on that model and determine what command or tool you can use to change the setting.
I had a look under Yast->Network Devices but didn't see anything regarding turning off WOL. I'll Google for te model and see.

Tnx

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

  • RE: Wake-On-LAN security
    ... WOL works by sending a specially crafted packet to the NIC's MAC address. ... I've only seen WOL dis/enabled through the system BIOS. ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Seeking IDS Recommendations
    ... Since it isn't tied to traditional signature-based IDS, I've been able to leverage the system to perform other duties like tracking down p2p traffic and misconfigured equipment. ... that will require a sensor per shop - and we have 7 shops and growing. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: network security, network in general PODcast?
    ... Cause I'm not a security expert neither and I can argu with him on the Call for help show sometime. ... Objet : Re: network security, network in general PODcast? ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security Awareness
    ... As part of a voluntary act, I would like to give lectures on security awareness ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: AW: Legendary Hacker Kevin Mitnick on malware and social engineering
    ... No looks like all the download links are similar to the one you posted. ... He does a thorough analysis of various techniques and methodologies for mitigating risk and locking down endpoints, while allowing users enough flexibility to perform their jobs. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)