SF new interview announcement: Application-level virtualization for Windows

The following interview was published on SecurityFocus today:

Application-level virtualization for Windows
interview by Federico Biancuzzi
2006-07-12

Federico Biancuzzi interviews Eyal Dotan, who has developed
application-level virtualization software that protects Windows hosts
from malware. They discuss the architecture, advantages of this design,
performance, and how this method could be applied to servers running
Windows or be ported to other OSes.

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/410

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

  • Re: What services makes a DC a DC?
    ... I think my response to that question would have been something along the lines of a DC is a Windows server that primarily uses a local AD DIT file for its security principals instead of the registry. ... My first Fortune 5 computer job I got was a panel interview with 8 IT Managers. ... The job was for an Office Automation Support Tech working on PCs on a TCP/IP Token Ring network, none of which I had any experience with. ...
  • Re: Pointers on Job Interview Questions..
    ... "Prep"ing for an interview can be tough because you could say study all of the MS answers and someone looking for that would love it, but someone else may be looking to hear MS answers so they can pick people out not to call them back because it shows a lack of experience and someone quoting MS which is often not accurate for many things in the real world. ... My first Fortune 5 company job I got was working on Windows PCs and OS/2 Servers but the whole interview consisted of us talking about Digital Equipment Corporation PDP/11 machines running RSTS/E. ... I had told them straight up that I hadn't ever worked on Token Ring (their network) nor OS/2 nor networking Windows but I was confident that I could adapt to it and figure it out based on what I had done formerly. ...
  • SF new interview announcement: ModSecurity 2.0 with Ivan Ristic
    ... The following interview was published on SecurityFocus today: ... ModSecurity 2.0 with Ivan Ristic ... ModSecurity is an open source web application firewall that runs as an ... Federico Biancuzzi interviewed Ivan Ristic to discuss the ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • SF new column announcement: Interview with Bill Cheswick
    ... Interview with Bill Cheswick ... Many people have seen Internet maps on walls and in various publications ... Federico Biancuzzi interviewed Bill Cheswick, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • SF new column announcement: Phishing with Rachna Dhamija
    ... The following interview was published on SecurityFocus today: ... Federico Biancuzzi interviews Rachna Dhamija, ... "Why Phishing Works" and creator of Dynamic Security Skins. ...
    (Security-Basics)