Backup Errors

Hello,

In dealing with security I'm encountering several obstacles within my
own team. Most recently I've been confronted with a problem that our
backup operator is having with Backup Exec 9.X, 10.X when backing up
Exchange Server 2003. The error is "Directory not found. Cannot backup
directory. <directoryname> and its subdirectories. We have discovered
that this is caused because the account associated with the mailbox is
disabled or deleted. My argument is that if a user is terminated or
leaves the company, that account should be immediately disabled.

Are there any work-around solutions that can aid in satisfying the
backup needs without compromising security? Can VSS solve this issue?

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and
practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you
what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical
and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see
what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

  • RE: Backup Errors
    ... your backup should not fail because of a disabled account. ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: 2005 Express how to encrypt db
    ... To solve this problem, in addition to having good security for the program, ... attach to another SQL Instance. ... Security Considerations for Backup and Restore (SQL Server) ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: Backup Errors
    ... The problem the OP is describing is a quirk of Backup Exec. ... same problem when a user is disabled in exchange, ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Unable to access other computer over network
    ... Ignore the noise and check out the links for HOME security like PRO, or as far as you can take it. ... The backup program needs to be installed separately and may need tweaking to work. ... Install the recovery console from the CD (see windows help). ...
  • Re: How do I restore security only on XP Pro?
    ... run secedit and export your security settings ... settings backup your efs keysbackup your ... >Simply copying profiles is no longer an advised way of doing ...