Re: Require password for network access

On Thursday 06 July 2006 13:41, rolando_ruiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Security world.

I would like to know if anyone can provide best solutions for password
protecting access to network (internet) from unauthorized users,
particularly from visitors. We would like to have a solution in place
like most hotels have where you connect and are prompted to pay for
internet access. In our case, we don't want to charge but we would like
to restrict access unless we provide a password to obtain an IP address
and internet access. This solution will be for wired network, and
preferably, each user will need to contact IT for temporary username and
password. Right now anyone can come in and connect to any live jack and
get network access. Although we can unplug all unused network jacks, we
would rather have a more centralized management solution.

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and
practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you
what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical
and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see
what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

Several major players on the market are: IP3 ,Solution Inc, BBS.

Google for them if you have more questions e-mail me of the list.

--
Yankl
Tiny IT guy.

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and
practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you
what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical
and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see
what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

  • RE: network security, network in general PODcast?
    ... Cause I'm not a security expert neither and I can argu with him on the Call for help show sometime. ... Objet : Re: network security, network in general PODcast? ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Require password for network access
    ... Require password for network access ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Require password for network access
    ... protecting access to network (internet) from unauthorized users, ... practice to master. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: network security, network in general PODcast?
    ... I would think something like Network Worlds BUT PodCated. ... Objet : Re: network security, network in general PODcast? ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • drone armies C&C report - July/2005
    ... 3356 LEVEL3 Level 3 Communications ... 3491 BTN-ASN - Beyond The Network A ... 3801 MISNET - Mikrotec Internet Ser ... 15857 DIALOG-AS DIALOG-NET Autonomuo ...
    (Bugtraq)