RE: All Permissions removed from folders

Hello,

I can restore the Administrator priviliges to these folders? Are there any
tools that might be of help?

You have to take the ownership.
After that, you can setup your permissions.

1. Start Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click a folder or file, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner
tab.

You can also try something similar like
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266118/en-us
or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/202965/en-us

--
Whistl0r

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and
practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you
what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical
and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see
what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

  • RE: All Permissions removed from folders
    ... ownership of the directory and its sub directories. ... achieved the permissions can be reset by that account. ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: All Permissions removed from folders
    ... If you can see the folder you don't have permissions to, ... several folders on his Windows 2000 small Business Server. ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: enumerating folder permissions
    ... simply select "view permissions" ... for the folder permissions. ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: enumerating folder permissions
    ... simply select "view permissions" ... for the folder permissions. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Seeking IDS Recommendations
    ... Since it isn't tied to traditional signature-based IDS, I've been able to leverage the system to perform other duties like tracking down p2p traffic and misconfigured equipment. ... that will require a sensor per shop - and we have 7 shops and growing. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ...
    (Security-Basics)