To: "Ow Mun Heng" <Ow.Mun.Heng@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "security-basics" <security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:48 AM
Subject: Re: List of Full Disc Encryption products

I think you missed out Truecrypt which is by far (AFAIK) the only cross
platform program that works in both Window
and the Linux platforms. (and it's open source to boot as well) which is
a very important consideration when it comes to security products.

I am aware of Truecrypt. However it is a file/partition encryption
utility and NOT a full disc encryption utilitiy, which is the main
focus of the list that I compiled.

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP, ISSAP
Support http://www.capital-punishment.net

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see what we're about, visit us at:
http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

  • RE: Security Awareness
    ... A good book when it comes to helping kids developing self awareness is by ... practice to master. ... Our courses are honest, real, technical ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Secure Proxy
    ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ... Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security Awareness
    ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ... Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security Awareness
    ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ... Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Seeking IDS Recommendations
    ... Since it isn't tied to traditional signature-based IDS, I've been able to leverage the system to perform other duties like tracking down p2p traffic and misconfigured equipment. ... that will require a sensor per shop - and we have 7 shops and growing. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ...
    (Security-Basics)