Seeking IDS Recommendations

Hi All,

Can you folks recommend a WAN-wide IDS solution? We are mostly a Cisco
shop, so I was considering the MARS system, since I can avoid
installing more IDS sensors by plugging into the Cisco firewalls.

I still need other options. I'm seeking a quote from Sourcefire, but
that will require a sensor per shop - and we have 7 shops and growing.

Here is what I'm looking for:

IDS capability in each shop - sniffing at each gateway.
Thin clients on each laptop and workstation.
Thin client on each server.

Thanks for your help folks,

Michael Casale
A+, Novell, Cisco CCNA Certified
Network Administrator
Applied Technology and Management
2770 NW 43rd St. Ste. B
Gainesville, FL 32606-7419
(352) 375-8700 x 346 (office)
(352) 359-1797 (cell)

The information contained in this message and any attachment to it may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and please delete it from your system. Please also note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and
practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you
what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical
and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see
what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html

  • RE: Seeking IDS Recommendations
    ... Since it isn't tied to traditional signature-based IDS, I've been able to leverage the system to perform other duties like tracking down p2p traffic and misconfigured equipment. ... that will require a sensor per shop - and we have 7 shops and growing. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Seeking IDS Recommendations
    ... We are mostly a Cisco ... that will require a sensor per shop - and we have 7 shops and growing. ... practice to master. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Seeking IDS Recommendations
    ... You have Enterasys host products that also integrate with Dragon IDS. ... that will require a sensor per shop - and we have 7 shops and growing. ... SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Seeking IDS Recommendations
    ... Can you folks recommend a WAN-wide IDS solution? ... We are mostly a Cisco ... that will require a sensor per shop - and we have 7 shops and growing. ... Thin clients on each laptop and workstation. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Recommending an IDS system
    ... re: Cisco IDS, I have a few things to say about Cisco's product: junk. ... into ONE inky-dinky "black box" that was maintained by a "security ... Like I said before, ISS ...
    (Security-Basics)