From: I Freecycle [mailto:i.freecycle.too@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:02 PM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Rights

Hello,

I'm wondering how others deal with allowing users rights on work
computers.

At our school, users aren't normally given Administrator or Power User
rights unless it's absolutely necessary.  Occasionally we
encounter employees and students that don't understand how easily a
system can be messed up and the security issues involved nor why we
feel it's necessary to operate like this.

I would like to know what others do, and what policies they have in
place to address these issues.

Thanks,

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic
Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec
management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting
experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed
degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: SOM and OUs
    ... Well just quickly off the top of my head what about an ou called student ... labs and child ou's under them that represent the physical locations. ... a Lab Computer Security group to which all Lab ... > computers would belong. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Strange behaviour of MY HP48GX
    ... I use my HP48GX a lot while teaching Physics labs, ... an angle other that zero and get the student to predict the X distance ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Re: Rights
    ... use it as the standard student logon, ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Hofman and Diaby talk about P=NP at INFORMS 2007
    ... if the first approach he has attempted is not understood by the student. ... The beauty of mathematics is that we can always settle ... exhibiting the violated constraint would settle the dispute ... modern age of computers. ...
    (comp.theory)
  • Re: Why Intel macs will lose the education market.
    ... > Are you running a school or a prison? ... so we actually spent far less per student on our labs than ... we ended up with more computers ... students could persuade security not to close them). ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)