Re: How to get into Penetration testing?

I Did a pen testing course, i didnt do the CEH, but i did the Mile2 CPTS.

i found the basic difference when i researched and asked around was the CEH course seems to be very outdated.

if you want to start off on pen testing something like mile2's course would be a good start, coupled with some checkpoint exposure you cant really go wrong!

regards

  • RE: OPST vs. CEH
    ... It dos not cover the business side of pen testing and the OSSTMM dos ... version 3 is far more superior in measuring the true skills of a Pen tester. ... The old version of CEH 2.3 was pretty easy. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: OPST vs. CEH
    ... I guess it covers OPST cert. ... Subject: OPST vs. CEH ... It dos not cover the business side of pen testing and the OSSTMM dos ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: How to get into Penetration testing?
    ... I have seen the CEH Material and I agree with the assessment of the course. ... Some sections were missing a lot of information that even a book would fill ... I have done the Penetration Testing course through iVOLUTION Technologies ... I Did a pen testing course, i didnt do the CEH, but i did the Mile2 CPTS. ...
    (Security-Basics)