Re: DHCP Snooping

DHCP is broadcast traffic so it shouldn't matter where
you put the sniffer. The only thing is that you'll
need one one each subnet because you probably aren't
routing broadcast traffic between your VLAN's.

Kenton

--- timpacalypse@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm looking at deploying DHCP Snooping in our
environment. I just want to make sure I've got this
straight.

We only have 1 DHCP server. So the only port that I
need to say is trusted is the one the DHCP Server is
connected to, right? I don't want anyone to be able
to deploy any rogue DHCP Servers in the network. We
are using VLANS, but I don't need to set the trunk
ports as trusted do I?

http://mail.yahoo.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Share internet connection/make a small server
    ... The eth0 device gets dhcp ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ... To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: DHCP ad hoc (MAC<=>IP)
    ... Configuring the Cisco IOS DHCP Server ... DHCP Address Pool Configuration: Example ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Adding another DHCP Server
    ... For distributing scopes among multiple DHCP servers two well known ... If one or more DHCP servers service the same set of clients you ... Lets say you have a scope with the following AVAILABLE IP ... detection so that each DHCP server first checks a certain IP address ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server)
  • RE: DHCp Problems Post SP1
    ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. ... I understand the issue is that the DHCP server ... Can client computers get IP address from DHCP server? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • =?UTF-8?B?Q09SRS0yMDA3LTA5Mjg6IFN0YWNrLWJhc2VkIGJ1ZmZlciBvdmVyZmw=?= =?UTF-8?B?b3cgdnVsbmVyY
    ... Core Security Technologies – CoreLabs Advisory ... Stack-based buffer overflow vulnerability in OpenBSD’s DHCP server ...
    (Bugtraq)