From: Nathaniel Hall [mailto:nathaniel.d.hall@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:46 AM
To: mission_mink@xxxxxxxxx;
security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Firewalll LAN port and switch port

mission_mink@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I need technical assistance, I visited few vendors who deal
into firewaal. Few of them say they have 4 switch port and 1
LAN port, but does it make any difference since as per my
knowledge goes switch port and LAN port are one and same.

My assumption is that they mean WAN port. Usually on
personal routers/firewalls and some higher end products they
will have a built in switch that is inside the
router/firewall and one connection that is outside the
router/firewall.

--

Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem with my Toshiba Satellite 1700-500
    ... Norway so its a Norwegian model Satellite Laptop. ... It runs ok under Windows XP Pro SP-1. ... I don't want to use the modem port anymore becasue DSL connection ... has no built-in LAN port, but in fact my laptop has one. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: SBS 2008 Best Firewall Device/Easy? - HELP
    ... Your SBS server should never be connected to the DMZ port. ... All ports should be closed on the firewall except for the ones required for the server. ... in the lan port of the firewall (with ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: The FALCON 030 LAN Port of MYSTERY
    ... Wether connecting two Falcons together with the Lan ports. ... Falcon LAN port is in fact RS-432, ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)
  • Re: The FALCON 030 LAN Port of MYSTERY
    ... Wether connecting two Falcons together with the Lan ports. ... Is the Falcons LAN Port Bugged? ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)
  • Re: Name resolution across routers - Possible?
    ... >makes a cable modem router that's not wireless, called the BEFSX41, ... Cable port goes to ... router with the ethernet cable going from a LAN port of the BEFW11s4 ... be assigned from the BEFSX41 to both wired and wireless clients. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)