Re: AD Policy audit tool for Windows 2000
- From: Koolk3 <koolk3@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:26:50 -0400
Just to clarify on this a bit more. I need to know what settings that
are applied. I don't need a report showing me the status of every
policy. Just the ones that have been changed from their default.
On 5/25/06, Koolk3 <koolk3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks everyone for your responses. Here is an update on what I have
found so far. I would also like to have your feedback on any of the
tools listed here if you have any experience with them.
1) GPOVault (free) from DesktopStandard: This can compare settings
between 2 GPO rsops. Anyone has any experience using this? This has to
be used in conjuction with GPMC.
2) GPMC from Microsoft: This tool may have the functionationality I am
looking for interms of finding the changed GPOs but I am not so sure.
3) GPInventory from Microsoft: I am not sure about this either.
4) Secedit from Microsoft: Does this run on Windows 2000?
If you have any experience with these tools can you please provide me
some feedback? I need to know which one will be the best choice to
figure out the GPO settings changed after a default installation.
On 5/24/06, Koolk3 <koolk3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello list,
> Basically, I am trying to find the policies that has been changed by
> active directory after a default Windows 2000 installation. The
> policies were modifed without any documenattion and now it is a
> I am looking for a tool that can help me audit Active Directory
> policies that has been applied to Windows 2000 workstations. Ideally
> the tool should know the default policy (from original win 2000
> install) and then give me a report on what has changed.
> Most tools that does this are for Windows XP and I need something for
> Windows 2000.
> Any suggestions?
- Prev by Date: RE: MS Audit logs
- Next by Date: 3G cards and security...
- Previous by thread: Re: AD Policy audit tool for Windows 2000
- Next by thread: RE: AD Policy audit tool for Windows 2000