Re: Split Tunneling

Split tunneling usually refers to architecture where a branch office is connected to a primary office via a VPN Tunnel and some of the traffic -- usually for internet browsing -- is "split" off of the primary tunnel (so that you don't have to have the Branch office perform internet browsing across a corporate link and out a corporate internet connection, or in other words you don't want to perform two hops).

Technically you use subnet masks to route specific traffic out specific physical (or virtual) ports on the router.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Port scans through NAT router?
    ... router would have nowhere to route any traffic on any unmapped ports? ... From the Sygate security log, it looks like the scans are coming from ... impression that the router would not route packets to any inside IP ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Port scans through NAT router?
    ... > I thought that if I didn't map a given port in the Netgear, ... > router would have nowhere to route any traffic on any unmapped ports? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: 2 pc network - cant see host files from pc 2 on pc 1
    ... Assuming that you have firewall protection via your internet router try ... workgroup because it will be needed for the network to work correctly. ... see if you can access TCP ports 139 and 445 on computer one of which at ... permissions. ...
  • Re: Second ISP
    ... make sure that the second ISP router does not have a better default ... All of this can be done with show ip route ... Does this require a routing ... but I would recommend a routing protocol. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Do I need these services listening?
    ... > first computer that has the modem & router, so I call the second one ... Your Netgear router should connect to the internet. ... Your Netgear router should have the public IP address. ... that if the ports look closed even ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)