Sniffing A VPN Router
- From: "Jason T. Hallahan" <jthallah@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 15:32:48 -0400
Hello and good day,
I have a Linksys RV016 VPN Router which I am trying to sniff. I would
like to see all of the traffic using Ethereal (or a similar program),
but right now I can only see Broadcast and Multicast traffic, as well
as Unicast to and from my local machine. I have tried plugging into
the uplink port which I hear sometimes works, but does not in this
case. Also, this router has no options to mirror or span ports, which
I guess would have been another solution. Other than replacing this
router with a hub (possible since it is for a dedicated LAN, i.e. no
WAN connection), is there a way for me to sniff all traffic directed
over all ports of this router? Is there a way I can do it with VLANs?
Is there a tool better than Ethereal or one designed for this purpose?
Thank you for your time!
- Prev by Date: Re: Blank line in MSCONFIG Startup in Windows XP Pro
- Next by Date: RE: auditing windows share permissions
- Previous by thread: Risk from VPN client connections from enterprise network
- Next by thread: Re: Sniffing A VPN Router