To: <security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2006 7:15 PM
Subject: Secure installation of Windows XP?

I hear stories of how a new Windows XP system is infected within minutes. So I wonder, what is the procedure to install Windows XP in a safe way?

PS : In case there are any other Danes on the list, I posted a similar question on a Danish security newsgroup, but I got very conflicting responses, so I just want to know the opinion of this list.

This List Sponsored by: Webroot

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected. Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise