Re: Secure installation of Windows XP?

Hi Thomas

In the link below, you can find a nice and straight forward instruction, written by Johannes Ullrich from SANS Institute a couple of years ago.

http://www.sans.org/rr/whitepapers/windows/1298.php

Best regards

Michael Refskou
Denmark

Thomas Jespersen wrote:

Hi,

I hear stories of how a new Windows XP system is infected within minutes. So I wonder, what is the procedure to install Windows XP in a safe way?

PS : In case there are any other Danes on the list, I posted a similar question on a Danish security newsgroup, but I got very conflicting responses, so I just want to know the opinion of this list.

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected. Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected. Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

  • RE: malware block my PC for to enter in internet, possible?
    ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ... See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to ... eradicate spyware from their networks. ... FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Traceroute and Ping result save to database
    ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ... See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to ... eradicate spyware from their networks. ... FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: PenTest Checklist
    ... Penetration Test Sample Report ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ... See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to ... eradicate spyware from their networks. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: PenTest Checklist
    ... Penetration Test Sample Report ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ... See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to ... FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Annoyed with M$