Scanning hosts behind a NAT

Hi list ;),
I'm a student and I'm trying to learn how nmap does its job.
Today, for example, I tried to scan my home network ( ;) )... In fact,
I've 2 computers behind a router (which does wireless AP, router &
firewall: linksys wrt54g). Then, I tried to scan from "outside" the
network (aka: from a friend on the internet).
On the router (LAN ip: 192.168.1.1) , I've the port 6356 (Gnutella)
which is forwarded to 192.168.1.2 (my first pc).

When I tried to scan from outside, I obviously obtain:

Starting Nmap 4.01 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-04-22 18:26 CEST
Warning: OS detection will be MUCH less reliable because we did not
find at least 1 open and 1 closed TCP port
Interesting ports on 80.13.xx.yy:
(The 1671 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: filtered)
PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
6346/tcp closed gnutella
Too many fingerprints match this host to give specific OS details

In fact, it was what I was expecting for. My question is how to scan
the hosts behind the router (NAT) ? Is it possible ?

Thanks

N.

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected.
Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no
obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to
eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

  • Re: Connecting to Home Computer
    ... cannot transmit IP packets outside the local network). ... assigned by your router. ... You have to add the port too, ... Determine the ports (pcAnywhere uses 5631 for DATA, 5632 for STATUS, I ...
  • Re: Webcam with SBS-2003
    ... unless he was trying to create some kind of DMZ for the camera. ... attached to a port on the Westell router with an IP ... NICs and the network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: 2 pc network - cant see host files from pc 2 on pc 1
    ... built into your router. ... If your router/switch has five ports then plug your computers into any port ... Network Places other than shortcuts. ... > If the second card is lost on HOST PC then DSL Internet does not connect. ...
  • Re: Remote Desktop Web Connection
    ... Or that the Web Client ActiveX control runs on the local computer, ... Windows Network Technology Community - ... >The router is what is restricting you from reaching multiple machines. ... and it understands rules about passing packets on port X ...
  • Re: moving sbs network
    ... The SBS network is connected to the LAN port. ... so the public wireless router is the DHCP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)