From: barcajax@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:barcajax@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:54 AM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Annoyed with M$

I always remove unnecessary programs that I don't use from the
"Add/Remove Windows component" section within Windows. Outlook Express
is one such program that I never ever use and it was unchecked and
subsequently removed with each fresh install of my OS.

I accidentally clicked on an "Email me" link on my friend's website the
other day and was annoyed to discover that Outlook Express was triggered
even though it was supposedly "uninstalled".
Is anyway aware of this issue?
What can be done to entirely remove Outlook Express?
How does one secure their PC when uninstalling unwanted programs don't
complete the job?
Are there any other phantom M$ programs that I should be aware of?

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected.

Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no
obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to
eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

This communication is from a law firm and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please contact the sender for instructions concerning return or destruction, and do not use or disclose the contents to others.

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected.
Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no
obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to
eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

  • Re: Annoyed with M$
    ... Just delete the rest of Outlook Express ... ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ... See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to ... FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Password Management
    ... is actually 7 alphanumeric characters... ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ... See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to ... FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: PenTest Checklist
    ... Penetration Test Sample Report ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ... See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to ... FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise ...