Re: how nmap can know my firewalled servers ?

UDP has a timeout. If NMAP doesn't get a response (doesn't metter is it
UDP or ICMP protocol), it will mark the port as closed. That is a sort
descrition, how NMAP determins, if the UDP port is open or closed.
The time windows, how NMAP has to scan a specific protocol, can be set.
There is an default value for UDP protocol.
Actually, everything is described in the manuals, so why actually are you
asking !? The manual is more then self explaining.
If you don't understand these options or the use for these options, feel
free to ask, but first read the man pages please.

Kind regards,
Arturas Zalenekas
Network Security Engineer and Analyst