Re: awtsr.dll

I had the same problem...have you found a solution? I tried every spyware
scanner out there, the only one that seemed to work was SpyCatcher (free
download). Even after scaning my system my IE would open at random times
saying "I was infected...,Try our free scan... ,etc." This is what worked:

1) Scanned system with SpyCatcher & then restart system (make sure
SpyCatcher is set to run when Windows starts up).
2) Open IE.
3) SpyCatcher should detect awtsr.dll, saying "unknown app trying to start:
awtsr.dll"
4) chose "Do Not Let Run" and set SpyCatcher to remember this setting.

...it worked for me!
-Alex

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected.
Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no
obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to
eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

  • SPYCATCHER EXPRESS 2006 4.0.4.6
    ... Spycatcher Express because it is better? ... downloads, we've made the switch to this free spyware killer. ... uses three different methods to detect spyware, ... It also provides real-time protection to prevent new spyware from ...
  • Re: RE: SPYCATCHER EXPRESS 2006 4.0.4.6
    ... Spycatcher Express because it is better? ... uses three different methods to detect spyware, ... It also provides real-time protection to prevent new spyware from ... preventing them from blocking mutations and the ...
  • Re: awtsr.dll
    ... Never really completely on anti-spyware solutions, they are really good in identifying potential threats but are not always capable of removing them. ... Scanned system with SpyCatcher & then restart system (make sure ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ... FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise ...
    (Security-Basics)