Syncing iptables rules between two servers

Hi

Is there anyone that know about how I can "sync" iptables rules on two
different servers? The plan is to have (on one of the servers) a
script that automaticly block ip adresses with iptables depending on
different conditions. When that ip adress is blocked I want it to
automaticly be blocked on another server to.

One idea is to change the script that is adding the block rule to
iptables to make it soo it can send the rule to the other server, but
this is not an option, the iptables rules must be synced after the
iptables rule have been added.
Another idea is to get the iptables to use an sql database of some
sort to load the rules, but I dont know how, and this whould be
somehow ruining the whole thing of having a firewall if you make it
dependent an sql server (i think).. But afterall, if this is possible
this is option.

Any ideas?
Hope someone can help out..

Thanks
Lars

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected.
Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no
obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to
eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

  • RE: Syncing iptables rules between two servers
    ... Syncing iptables rules between two servers ... Is there anyone that know about how I can "sync" iptables rules on two ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ... FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Syncing iptables rules between two servers
    ... Is there anyone that know about how I can "sync" iptables rules on two ... automaticly be blocked on another server to. ... What's the problem of having your firewall be dependent on a sql server? ... Or have the firewall script run in two stages.. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Squid and simple iptables
    ... iptables rules from scratch for the following box function: ... >> server in question doesn't perform many actions, just mail and squid. ... > Allow everything else but disallow syn packets, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Unknown service on port 21 and 143 detected via nessus - Next steps?
    ... > open on the server and noted that it was running an unknown service. ... > Whether or not I activate the following iptables rules, the FTP ... > connection still responds as open (although the delay between the ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Syncing iptables rules between two servers
    ... Is there anyone that know about how I can "sync" iptables rules on two ... script that automaticly block ip adresses with iptables depending on ... automaticly be blocked on another server to. ... Another idea is to get the iptables to use an sql database of some ...
    (Focus-Linux)