RE: death of the security community

Its like video games... PC games used to rule and it was all good. Now people realize how much money can be made in that industry so theres just one crappy fps after another because consoles have taken over. Hmmm, maybe that was a little bit of a stretch but hopefully you get what I mean. I think the community is already dead. Its not the way it used to be and it won't be like that again anytime soon. It seems like the free flow of knowledge has been reduced to a few drops here and there. The fewer people who are learning about computer security the bigger the threat becomes.

I seem not to understand what is happening to the security community..The profit and earning a living of the expert in the field is going to lead to the death of the security community.Now full disclosure movement is getting to be commercial disclosure, whereby each security community wants to expliot you to pay them to even get the latest vulnerability report and expliot,even when you need it to penetrate your server before the bad guy does.Which doesnt aid the people of the basics but even helps the scriptkiddie community(the greatest fear we face)I hope attention is given to these...and d fathers of d security comm' should have a re think, cos the continuity of the pursue of profit would bring the security of the internet wide as an open gate.

odabo

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: Forensic/Cyber Crime Investigator
    ... maybe you should suscribe alsoo to security jobs mailing list in security focus. ... The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • 10 jews go to sochi games
    ... he Israeli security service charged with protecting the country's 10-person delegation to the Winter Olympics in Sochi is relatively sanguine in the face of mounting security concerns, a sharp departure from the tones sounded by US lawmakers in the run-up to the Games. ... The head of the Israeli delegation concurred. ... terrorists have pledged further violence during the Olympics. ...
    (soc.culture.israel)
  • Re: Security and the User experience
    ... So if I write a malware program then I just need to ... User installs an application that needs to communicate to SQL servers ... games, the message is hidden behind the full screen DX9 game so the user ... but doesn't go far enough to insulate the user from security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Question on VoIP security
    ... organization's Intranet, geographically disperse), from the security ... SIP-based VoIP deployment. ... The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: boched security
    ... >>i love playin games when im not usein my computer to do ... >>weeks ago he said sotmhing about a security update was ... > All issued patches are necessary to keep, at a minimum, even with the ... is removal of the security update patch. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)