Re: Protocol Specific Intrusion Detect/Prevention Systems.
- From: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:01:03 -0600
coder dijo [Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 11:18:32PM -0000]:
Some of you may have seen many of my emails on this list and the other
lists, mainly asking about firewalls and filters.
Well, for some time now I have been researching within the realm of filters,
firewalls, IDSs and IPSs for limitations within these areas for my
university thesis. I have to find a limitation within a current computing
area and improve on it. Well it seems every time I come up with a great
idea, I find that someone else has gone an done it or the idea sucks.
Please let me know if this has been tried or if it is a good/bad idea.
Five years ago I wrote my final paper on that same subject, take a
look at it, I hope you find it interesting. The code works reliably,
I implemented a protocol validator for SMTP (without any extensions)
and for POP3, and it's not very hard to add others. It is implemented
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@xxxxxxxxx - (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23
Fingerprint: 0C79 D2D1 2C4E 9CE4 5973 F800 D80E F35A 8BB5 27AF
Description: Digital signature
- Prev by Date: Modelling IT processes / Mapping references
- Next by Date: UTM - Unified Threat Management system
- Previous by thread: Re: Protocol Specific Intrusion Detect/Prevention Systems.
- Next by thread: Re: Zonealarm+Windows Firewall