Re: sniffers

If you have an extra box kicking around (nothing
fancy), I'd load Linux on it and install NTop. It will
give you a much better idea of what is actually going
on without you having to look at a bunch of individual
packets. Just like any other "sniffer" you'll need to
install it on a mirror port or hub in order to capture
all traffic. I have one on a hub between our network
and our main gateway, that way it catches anything
going out to the internet.

Kenton

--- Bilal Abdullah Fakhruddin <bilal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello,

Recently I am facing problems in my network.
Sometimes the network is fast
and sometimes it is slow. Im a bit familiar with
Ethereal, but i dont know
what I am looking for. Could anybody help me out by
pointing out where i
could start or to any documents available? Thanks in
advance.

Regards,

Bilal

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE -
ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled
Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched
consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals
with degree
customizations including Emergency Management,
Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital
Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: Symantec Mail Security
    ... normally be deemed spam, but is actually legit. ... Tailor your education to your own professional goals ... The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Deploying SSL-based VPNs
    ... Most hardware VPN gateways use IPSec ... Infosec management ... Tailor your education to your own professional goals ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Re: University Degree or CISSP
    ... > than they would have sunk into a "classical" education ... >>> in the door and advancement into a management ... >>> EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE ... >>> Computer Emergency Response Teams, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Re: University Degree or CISSP
    ... than they would have sunk into a "classical" education ... >> in the door and advancement into a management ... >> The Norwich University program offers unparalleled ... >> Computer Emergency Response Teams, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Windows Log
    ... > EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... > The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... > education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... > Computer Emergency Response Teams, ...
    (Security-Basics)