From: Peter Rodger [mailto:prodger2008@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 11:43 AM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Group Policy Inheritance

Hi all,

If we set block policy inheritance on the child OU,
will the domain policy be blocked too (esp. domain
password policy)? My understanding is that it only
blocks the parent OU policy, not domain policy. Can
anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Peter

http://mail.yahoo.com

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,

Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: Default Domain Policy -- Password Changes
    ... You are correct that the "Block Policy Inheritance" on the Domain Controller ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: GP do not take effect
    ... We have also created special OU to try out the GP and also one Sub-OU to ... check the block policy inheritance. ... Account policies applied at the OU level only take effect when a user logs ... to apply the password policy for 90 days etc., ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Group Policy Not applied
    ... password,lockouts etc.I've now changed the password length to 8 Characters from 6 but users are still able to use 6 characters passwords...I've checked everything apart from this one more strange thing is happening i;ve multiple OU in my AD as per diff depts and policies are configured as per their need.There are some site exception for IE configured.but now off and on sites which are bypasseed askin for proxy user name and passwd means policy is not applying on some persons in a OU..Only thing which i found out block policy inheritance is enabled on default domain controllers policy... ... Inheritance" on the Default Domain Controllers OU. ...
  • Re: Why do scripts run twice?
    ... Yes if you not block Policy Inheritance to the Domain Controllers OU. ... > I set the script to run in the "Default Domain Policy" and I also set it ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Group Policy Inheritance
    ... If we set block policy inheritance on the child OU, ... The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)