Group Policy Inheritance

Hi all,

If we set block policy inheritance on the child OU,
will the domain policy be blocked too (esp. domain
password policy)? My understanding is that it only
blocks the parent OU policy, not domain policy. Can
anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Peter

http://mail.yahoo.com

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: GROUP POLICY
    ... What exactly do you mean with "the policy file only appear in the primary DC"? ... domain policy are applied, that's by design. ... GPO: Default Domain Policy ... Computer Setting: 3 ...
  • Re: Local DC Group Policy being applied for passwrds not the Defau
    ... Default Domain Policy being applied, but the password policies are not being ... Password Policies are being overridden by the local computer policy on the ...
  • Re: Complex password in Domain GPO not applying anywhere.
    ... We have just found out that the Password must meet complexity ... requirements isn?t working on the domain policy. ... there is a failure in security. ...
  • RE: GPO settings are not applied
    ... Microsoft Windows XP Operating System Group Policy Result tool v2.0 ... GPO: Automatic_Updates ... GPO: Default Domain Policy ... Secure Proxy Server: N/A ...
  • RE: Companyweb and guests - advice?
    ... You can find the Default Domain policy under the following node: ... Open server management console, locate Advanced Management -> Group Policy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)