RE: Exiting of CSO type employees

"As part of your employment with <unnamed> corporation, you agreed to it's rules as detailed in the Employee Guide. Among other things, that Guide includes post employment restrictions against disclosing either directly or indirectly "Confidential Information." Confidential information includes customers lists, business plans, product costs and the like.

Under PA law a former employee's disclosure of "confidential information to a new employer that is competes in the same business area violates the Pennsylvania Unfirom Trades Secret Act 12 P.A Cons Stat Sec 5301 -5308. Any violation would constitute a "misappropriation of a trade secret" See Practicioner's Guide to the New Pennsylvania Trade Secrets Law, Bar Quarterly, October 2004. If that information adversely affects the former employer, the employee would be liable under Pennsylvania law for "Tortious Interference With Prospective Business Advantage" "

:)