Linux firewall in Bridged mode

Hi,

I have been trying to find some decent documentation on this to no avail as
yet. Is anyone able to give me the pro/cons of a firewall in bridged mode?
Perhaps situations where it would be more useful, etc?

Ideally I am looking to setup a situation where the DMZ will be public IP
addresses and I don't want to implement NATing either. Is running iptables
with a bridged mode NIC able to process rules faster than in "normal routed"
modem configurations with the same types of filtering and so forth?

Please let me know if I need to explain further and thanks in advance.

--
Shaineel Singh
MakePeace Media LTD

http://mpm.org.au/shsingh

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • RE: Windows Log
    ... > EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... > The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... > education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... > Computer Emergency Response Teams, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Re: University Degree or CISSP
    ... Subject: Re: Re: University Degree or CISSP ... > And a college education will benefit you until the day you die. ... >> Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ... >> The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Securing Blackberries
    ... > EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... > The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... > Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree ... > Computer Emergency Response Teams, ...
    (Security-Basics)