RE: MS in information security

.... - those who found their college work to be
meaningless I can only say it's your own fault. I've taught
at Ivy League universities and community colleges. Both had
lots to offer but if a student wanted to spend $30,000 a year
and waste their time or simply log credits and a degree at
the local CC, both were certainly possible.

The same can be said of certifications, by the way. Those who
want to spend a week memorizing stuff, pass a test, forget all
that material, and add a few letters to their resume may do so.

I've only bothered to sit the exams for about 70% of the
certifications I've taken courses towards. The ones I pursue
tend to offer a breakdown of material something like:

50% - stuff I already know and use, that the certification
will give me credit for

25% - stuff I didn't know, but can use, so I fill in gaps
in my knowledge that practical experience can miss

25% - stuff I didn't know, and don't need yet, but that
helps position me for progress down the road

So getting letters to put on my resume is a side-effect of my
personal continuing education program, and not an end in itself.

David Gillett

The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.