Re: nmap bloqued

On 2/2/2006 5:58 PM, Oscar Aceña wrote:
Hello,
My question is simple: Can anyone stop scans with nmap in a whole net? I
ask this because i was doing some tests in my net with nmap and only a
pair of them were ok. The other machines returned always down, and i
know this is imposible, because i had scanned them before.

Sorry my speech. I know very few of english language. (If only you could
write in spanish... but that's not imperant :-)

If for some reason packets are being dropped somewhere in the network
(either by your computer or by bad/overloaded networking gear), then I
guess nmap might return computers as being down when they're not.

--
Neil.
http://voidfx.net

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • tool to construct custom packets
    ... I need something like nemesis or hping, btw I know about nmap --scanflags, something else please. ... The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: tool to construct custom packets
    ... I need something like nemesis or hping, btw I know about nmap --scanflags, something else please. ... The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • nmap bloqued
    ... Can anyone stop scans with nmap in a whole net? ... The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Windows Log
    ... > EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... > The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... > education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... > Computer Emergency Response Teams, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Re: University Degree or CISSP
    ... Subject: Re: Re: University Degree or CISSP ... > And a college education will benefit you until the day you die. ... >> Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ... >> The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ...
    (Security-Basics)