Re: File encryption

Hi Marty,

Much of what you're asking for is already available for a few
different OS. We would be better able provide feedback if we had a
few clues as to your operating environment.
imho if files are mission critical and/or highly sensitive, they have
no business being on a laptop in the first place...
they should only be available via a secure file share on a
centralized and secured server...
it is also possible to lock down laptops for this type of access only...
if we had more information we could provide better help.

Sincerely,

Sean Swayze
info@xxxxxxxxxx

On 27-Nov-05, at 11:27 PM, Marty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We want to make sure that if the laptop is stolen and the
> encryption is broken that we have an extra layer of
> protection. The password can be guessed or acquired from
> social engineering (from my point of view), thus the risk.
>

> Marty!

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

AdmID:6F6F0A79FCB673F832018077B44C49CF