From: Steven Kalcevich [mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:25 PM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: University Degree or CISSP

Yes this is crazy. You cannot compare 4 years of full time daily
education to a up to 6hr exam. I passed the cissp in under 3hrs. I
studied for around 4 months. I am 25. I am also in 3rd year for a Bsc
which is much much harder I can tell you.

Ken Kousky wrote:
> This is the craziest conversation I ever heard of - there is NO
comparison
> between a REAL degree and CISSP. CISSP is great, valuable and vital
but it
> isn't in any way comparable.
>
> Simply put, if you don't have a degree - get one and get the best one
you
> can.

For
> a startup job, some degree and some cert is essential.
>
> PS: This is my opinion, I am not pointing out any company or any
private
> organization.
>
> -S-

> ---
> EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE The Norwich
> University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education
and
> the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
> Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
> customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity
> Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital
Investigations.

> http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

> -----------------------
>
> This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above.
> As this e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information,
> if you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized
> to retain, read, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.

---
> EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
> The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
> education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting
experience.
> Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
> customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity
Planning,

> Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
>
> http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

---

---
> EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
> The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
> education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting
experience.
> Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
> customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity
Planning,
> Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
>
> http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

---

---
EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting
experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity
Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus
---

CLASSIFICATION:UNCLASSIFIED

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • RE: Re: University Degree or CISSP
    ... Subject: Re: Re: University Degree or CISSP ... > And a college education will benefit you until the day you die. ... >> Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ... >> The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: University Degree or CISSP
    ... I have a CISSP. ... There are other ways to obtain an education, ... > University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education ... > Computer Emergency Response Teams, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: University Degree or CISSP
    ... The CISSP is not. ... :> University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education ... :> Computer Emergency Response Teams, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Re: University Degree or CISSP
    ... need to defend the cert because I am currently working on getting my CISSP. ... And a college education will benefit you until the day you die. ... > Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ... > The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Windows Log
    ... > The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... > education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... > Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree ... > Computer Emergency Response Teams, ...
    (Security-Basics)