From: elite.coder@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:elite.coder@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 5:37 AM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SPAN Port

Hello everyone,

Just out of interest, would the SPAN port on a switch replicate traffic
between the computers as well as the uplink port. Say if 192.168.0.39
talks to 192.168.0.38, will the SPAN port replicate the traffic between
the two computers if they were on the same switch AND if they were on
different switches?

Thanks,

Binks

---
EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting
experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity
Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus
---

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: Lenny Henrys Head next on the block]
    ... nature of the transistor than anything else. ... I'm familiar with Shannon, ... Bi-polar switches in one form or another ... Even someone doing a CSE in Computers Studies or whatever ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Mass Machine Login
    ... >> and we would like to login to all the computers without touching each ... The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Mass Machine Login
    ... and we would like to login to all the computers without touching each ... The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Computers are a scam invented by the Illuminati
    ... systems are completley impossible without computers. ... Our company maintains a large number of 5E switches. ... The directing, scripting, and often acting of most modern films positively ... However the sound quality of ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Im throwing my hat into the ring
    ... the program to turn the switches on and off just so, ... If it is so easy then computers can do it. ... analogue computers, each with a specific function, modeled after the ... Perhaps ther is no such thing as "deeper understanding" for a chat bot. ...
    (comp.ai.philosophy)