creating AD accounts for IdM solutions

What are some Security Concerns and Best Practices for creating Active
Directory accounts for 3rd party Identity Management solutions.

non-MS Identity Management (IDM) solutions require creation of an
Active Directory account with domain wide administrative priveleges.
The IDM solution then uses that account for day to day administration
task like create new users, change password, group membership etc.

1) What are some security concerns with this approach.

2) What are best practices to prevent abuse of this account

3) What type of auditing needs to in place to prevent abuse.

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • creating AD accounts for IdM solutions
    ... What are some Security Concerns and Best Practices for creating Active ... Directory accounts for 3rd party Identity Management solutions. ... The IDM solution then uses that account for day to day administration ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Identity Management Best Practices
    ... I am looking for a set of best practices for Identity Management (IdM) ... and had googled and wiki, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Best Practices of Identity Management
    ... I am looking for a set of best practices of Identity Management (IdM) ... and had googled and wiki, ...
  • Best Practices of Identity Management
    ... I am looking for a set of best practices of Identity Management (IdM) ... and had googled and wiki, ...
  • Identity Management Best Practices
    ... I am looking for a set of best practices of Identity Management (IdM) ... and had googled and wiki, ...
    (comp.security.misc)