HDD Password

Hi,

I have a laptop (ACER Travelmate 4100) and I´m testing the HDD
Password that my laptop has. I have to chose a good solution to
protect the data stored in the hard disk.

This password is set using the BIOS but is a different key of Master
BIOS password. It doesn´t dissapear formating the disk o doing fdisk

¿The HDD password is strong protection? ¿how can I break the _HDD
Password_ of my laptop?

¿Ideas? ¿Tools?

Thanks

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfoc_ml

  • Re: Forgot boot up user name and password
    ... contents of the hard disk ... These are security features used to protect the system from unauthorized ... your laptop while you are away. ... Supervisor password, the system board must be replaced (to replace the ...
  • Re: File encryption
    ... imho if files are mission critical and/or highly sensitive, they have no business being on a laptop in the first place... ... Subject: File encryption ... If your Hard disk are already encrypted then with a strong encryption then you don't need the extra Encryption. ... Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: folder ownership rights etc.
    ... the Laptop hd, to a data storage 500gb hard disk in my main PC, ... Sage software - out to a pen-drive - so that it can be ... which confers power to change permissions, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: folder ownership rights etc.
    ... the Laptop hd, to a data storage 500gb hard disk in my main PC, ... Sage software - out to a pen-drive - so that it can be ... which confers power to change permissions, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Need help with error messages at startup of RedHat Linux (with GNOME)
    ... even discovered how to pull out the hard disk (an IBM ... but I don't see anything that looks like a battery. ... It's a laptop. ... The battery could be under the keyboard. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)