Re: Hard drive encryption in windows

From: Pranav Lal (pranav.lal_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/25/05

    Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 06:05:58 +0530
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hi,
    <snip What are your recomendations for operating system encryption
    software?
    Both linux and windows?
    PL] as others have said, a good solution for windows is PGP whole
    disc encryption. I do not know about Linux.

    Pranav

    • Re: Looking for: PGP for Linux ??
      ... >> So my next viable option is one of the many flavors of Linux. ... >> my question as it pertains to PGP, which I've come to love and trust. ... They are wipe disk tools ... > been around for Windows way before PGP ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Looking for: PGP for Linux ??
      ... so I've been using various versions of Windows as long as I've used ... So my next viable option is one of the many flavors of Linux. ... for the most part, when I say "PGP" I'm refering to "PGPdisk", and PGP's ... Is there a PGPdisk for Linux. ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Looking for: PGP for Linux ??
      ... so I've been using various versions of Windows as long as I've used ... So my next viable option is one of the many flavors of Linux. ... for the most part, when I say "PGP" I'm refering to "PGPdisk", and PGP's ... Is there a PGPdisk for Linux. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Opinions on BestCrypt
      ... I wanted to stay with PGP, but PGP doesn't offer the PGPdisk feature for ... Linux (which I am in the process of switching to from Windows). ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
      ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
      (soc.culture.lebanon)