Re: Solaris/UNIX Network Performance & Security

From: Ivan . (ivanhec_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/22/05

    Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:27:27 -0500
    To: "Jason T. Hallahan" <jthallah@gmail.com>

    Jason

    mrtg
    http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-unix-guide.html

    cheers
    Ivan

    On 11/21/05, Jason T. Hallahan <jthallah@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hello and good day,
    >
    > I am looking for a freely available tool/package, doesn't have to be
    > anything special, that will give me relatively real-time network
    > statistics regarding the NIC on my Solaris 8 box. Mainly I am looking
    > for packets transmitted, packets lost, bytes transmitted, collisions
    > on the interface, and possibly who is causing it (find the
    > bottleneck/troublemaker). So far I have been using a combination of
    > Ethereal/Ettercap/Etherape to perform this task, but I was wondering
    > if anybody could point me in a better direction.
    >
    > Also, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the
    > optimal/minimal freeware toolset/configuration to try and achieve as
    > much of Core Impact's functionality as possible. So far, I have been
    > using Metasploit, Nessus, and NMap. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you very much for your time. Any help is always appreciated.
    > Have a great day!
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Jason

    > Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:
    >
    > Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
    > website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
    > login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
    > futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
    > to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
    > Download Trial at:
    >
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831

    • Re: Qualys
      ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: Pre-Scanning for Marketing
      ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Qualys
      ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: New article on SecurityFocus (.WMF Vuln)
      ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Penetration test of 1 IP address