Re: questions about my IP

From: Eric Brouwers (EricBrouwers_at_vodafone.nl)
Date: 11/21/05

    Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:03:30 +0100
    To: donita espinoza <the_d_student@yahoo.com.au>

    10.11.246.114 is the IP address assigned to your handset.
    10.11.246.115 is an address of the GGSN (Gateway GPRS Support Node).

    GGSN is the GPRS equivalent of a NAS/RAS in the circuit switched dial-in world.

    Your phone has a point-to-point connection with the GGSN.
    Your PC has a serial connection with your handset. The PC can control the handset via at-commands, similar to a modem.

    192.168.66.2 is most likely an internal hop or interface of the GGSN. Secure design would have hidden that ...

    Hope this helps,

    Eric

    donita espinoza wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > I am new to this GPRS connection, usually when i
    >need internet access i just use dial up connection.
    >
    > Then i found cheap internet connection using GPRS,
    >its like using hand phone (cellular phone), and i bet
    >this cellular phone has a modem in it.
    >
    > When i typed "ipconfig /all" on my server (i have
    >home LAN, and server is using xp sp 2), then something
    >show like :
    > ================================
    > PPP adapter lll:
    >
    > Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN
    >(PPP/SLIP) Interface
    > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
    >00-c-c-c-c-c
    > Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    > IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . :
    >10.11.246.114
    > Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . :
    >255.255.255.255
    > Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
    >10.11.246.114
    > DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : x-x-x-x
    > x-x-x-x
    > NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
    > ====================================
    >
    > then i click my connection status windows, and i can
    >see something
    >like :
    >
    > server IP Address : 10.11.246.115
    > client IP address : 10.11.246.114
    >
    > ==================================
    >
    > My first question is :
    > Who's 10.11.246.114 and who's 10.11.246.115 ? i keep
    >thinking that
    >10.11.246.114 is my server (my box with windows xp sp
    >2) and
    >10.11.246.115 is my handphone, is it right ?
    >
    > and everytime i do the tracert or traceroute, i got
    >192.168.66.2 in
    >my first hop (i got 192.168.66.2 in second hop if i do
    >traceroute in
    >client), it's seem 192.168.66.2 is a router, isnt it ?
    >
    > If you have good article/tutorial for dummies about
    >GPRS connection, i'll be glad if i get informed
    >
    > thanks

    >Find a local business fast with Yahoo! Local Search
    >http://au.local.yahoo.com

    • Re: How to Transfer the data from Device to Server over GPRS or G
      ... I have GPRS connection in device and setup the GPRS with provider APN and ... Sicne you mentioned "IP Based SQL Server over the Web". ... office and dial from PDA using GPRS connection. ... I do not know how to do the dial-up over the GPRS? ...
    • Re: Waiting for event
      ... What I want to do is connect to a GPRS ... until the variable has been set, but this doesn't work because the loop ... whether the connection was successful or not. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • Re: Incoming connection to webserver via GPRS RAS connection
      ... unsoliceted requests from the Internet using a GPRS connection only. ... I connected the device to my local LAN to verify that the device web server ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
    • Spb GPRS Monitor 2.4.2
      ... Spb GPRS Monitor is a complete solution for measuring the amounts of ... calculating network usage costs. ... Taskbar icon that shows GPRS connection speed, ... Detailed connection usage and cost charts ...
      (comp.software.shareware.announce)
    • Re: O2 XDA mini - switching connections
      ... The confusion being knowing when I am connected to the internet via ... indicating GPRS is available. ... connected, and the connection could be idle, as mine is right now. ... phone maintains a GPRS connection always, even when I use Wi-Fi, since ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc)