question regarding exploits

From: Juan B (juanbabi_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/07/05

    Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 06:14:40 -0800 (PST)
    To: security basics <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    HI !

    I have a ftp server Serv-U. I want to check it for
    volunrabilities I stared using Whoppix live linux I
    ran a search for this version under securityfocus.com
    database and I found many exploits,few of tham are
    with
    an extantion of .shtml like this one indexdate.shtml

    what should I do with those?

    maybe copy and paste theyre contant and than compile ?

    thanks again and thanks for your time !

    Juan

    http://farechase.yahoo.com