SF new mailing list announcement: Beta-Announce

From: Kelly Martin (kel_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 10/27/05

    Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:10:07 -0400
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    We are pleased to announce the creation of another mailing list on
    SecurityFocus: Beta-Announce.

    The primary objective of the Beta-Announce list is to provide the
    SecurityFocus community access to upcoming security tool and product
    beta trials. In the same vein it will provide access to tool authors and
    vendors to announce their beta programs and get valuable feedback from
    the community which will ultimately use and in some cases, buy, their

    There are an overwhelming number of security tools and products
    available today. Many, if not most, have limited beta trials because of
    lack of access to an informed, qualified community. By providing a list
    such as this we hope to help authors provide stronger offerings to the
    community and we hope to allow the community an opportunity to stay
    abreast of the most recent security technologies.