Re: Todays dumb question

From: Micheal Espinola Jr (michealespinola_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/27/05

    Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:02:51 -0400
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Helpful key words:

    electromagnetic interference (EMI)
    electromagnetic leakage
    electromagnetic radiation (EMR)
    electromagnetic shielding
    faraday cages (<- propably what you are most interested in)
    tempest (Transient ElectroMagnetic Pulse Emanation STandard)

    On 10/26/05, idd <idd@indepthdefence.plus.com> wrote:
    > There used to be a name for a technology (or way of implementing technology)
    > to prevent electronic eavesdropping. I think it was along the lines of
    > fitting wire mesh into the walls of the building so that it would defeat
    > eavesdropping equipment. And for the life of me I cannot remember what it
    > was called.
    > Apparently it was back in the 80's/early 90's and there may have been one or
    > two research projects on it.
    >
    > Apologies for my stupidity, but I just can't find it.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Many thanks,

    ME2  <http://www.santeriasys.net/>

    • RE: Todays dumb question
      ... >There used to be a name for a technology (or way of implementing ... >to prevent electronic eavesdropping. ... >fitting wire mesh into the walls of the building so that it would defeat ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Todays dumb question
      ... Nick ... There used to be a name for a technology ... to prevent electronic eavesdropping. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Todays dumb question
      ... idd wrote: ... > There used to be a name for a technology ... > to prevent electronic eavesdropping. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Todays dumb question
    • RE: Todays dumb question
      ... Also check out the e-doc download for Tempest. ... Subject: Todays dumb question ... There used to be a name for a technology (or way of implementing ... would defeat eavesdropping equipment. ...
      (Security-Basics)