Re: Todays dumb question

From: Micheal Espinola Jr (
Date: 10/27/05

  • Next message: Kilaru Sambaiah: "Re: Internet printing"
    Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:02:51 -0400

    Helpful key words:

    electromagnetic interference (EMI)
    electromagnetic leakage
    electromagnetic radiation (EMR)
    electromagnetic shielding
    faraday cages (<- propably what you are most interested in)
    tempest (Transient ElectroMagnetic Pulse Emanation STandard)

    On 10/26/05, idd <> wrote:
    > There used to be a name for a technology (or way of implementing technology)
    > to prevent electronic eavesdropping. I think it was along the lines of
    > fitting wire mesh into the walls of the building so that it would defeat
    > eavesdropping equipment. And for the life of me I cannot remember what it
    > was called.
    > Apparently it was back in the 80's/early 90's and there may have been one or
    > two research projects on it.
    > Apologies for my stupidity, but I just can't find it.
    > Any ideas?
    > Many thanks,
    > R

    ME2  <>

  • Next message: Kilaru Sambaiah: "Re: Internet printing"