Todays dumb question

From: idd (idd_at_indepthdefence.plus.com)
Date: 10/26/05

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:45:48 +0100

    There used to be a name for a technology (or way of implementing technology)
    to prevent electronic eavesdropping. I think it was along the lines of
    fitting wire mesh into the walls of the building so that it would defeat
    eavesdropping equipment. And for the life of me I cannot remember what it
    was called.
    Apparently it was back in the 80's/early 90's and there may have been one or
    two research projects on it.

    Apologies for my stupidity, but I just can't find it.

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks,

    • Re: Todays dumb question
      ... tempest (Transient ElectroMagnetic Pulse Emanation STandard) ... > There used to be a name for a technology ... > to prevent electronic eavesdropping. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Todays dumb question
      ... Nick ... There used to be a name for a technology ... to prevent electronic eavesdropping. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Todays dumb question
      ... idd wrote: ... > There used to be a name for a technology ... > to prevent electronic eavesdropping. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Todays dumb question
    • RE: Todays dumb question
      ... >There used to be a name for a technology (or way of implementing ... >to prevent electronic eavesdropping. ... >fitting wire mesh into the walls of the building so that it would defeat ...
      (Security-Basics)