Re: Restricting logins by IP address

From: Alexander Klimov (alserkli_at_inbox.ru)
Date: 10/25/05

    Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 00:05:35 +0200 (IST)
    To: Keenan Smith <kc_smith@clark.net>

    On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, ilaiy wrote:
    > Try using /etc/hosts.allow Give the IP address of which you would
    > want to allow and your /etc/hosts.deny should look like this
    > ALL: ALL

    Yes, tcp wrappers is a good solution if it is really what you need.
    Unfortunately, it does not solve the stated problem (at least, not how
    I understood it): it allows you to limit *all* the connection to a set
    of IPs, but it does not allow to restrict Larry's logins to one IP,
    and John's logins to some other IP.

    --
    Regards,
    ASK

    • Re: ssh login restriction
      ... >> enforcing policies as to who, when, or how logins are allowable. ... > login via SSH). ... So looks like that directive *can* be used to restrict certain users from ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • restricting number of logins
      ... Any way to restrict the number of logins in Active Directory to just one at ... We are getting hacking attempts and users are locked out of the ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Fixing pts sessions
      ... I am looking ways to restrict the pts sessions to specific users logins on ... AIX 4.3.3 and AIX 5.1. ... Now I want that whenever user lobo logins he should assign pts/5 and will be ...
      (AIX-L)
    • Multi and single FTP sessions with IIS 5
      ... I would like to allow on my FTP site few logins by one ... restrict only to one login at a time. ... I can't see any settings to do that. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
    • Re: PAM ldap login on woody
      ... > I am trying to use pam_ldap for logins from the console and ssh. ... And libpam-ldap seems close. ...
      (Debian-User)