Re: Creating a Test Network

From: enine (enine_at_ninefamily.com)
Date: 10/21/05

    Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:06:17 -0700
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Sorry for the top post, stuck with IE at work which crashes if I try to edit anything in webmail.

    I have gone virtual with my test network. run Linux as the host OS for virtual machines, then have different vitruals for different OS's. make a snapshot of the vitrual before messing with it then I can easily roll back whatever I decide to break/infect the virtual with. Go here http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ and try a couple.

    You can run vmware under windows but its so much slower under windows than under Linux that I highly recommend doing it under Linux.

    From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq@planetcobalt.net>
    Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:58:19 +0200

    Sent via the WebMail system at ninefamily.com