Re: Creating a Test Network

From: enine (enine_at_ninefamily.com)
Date: 10/21/05

    Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:06:17 -0700
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Sorry for the top post, stuck with IE at work which crashes if I try to edit anything in webmail.

    I have gone virtual with my test network. run Linux as the host OS for virtual machines, then have different vitruals for different OS's. make a snapshot of the vitrual before messing with it then I can easily roll back whatever I decide to break/infect the virtual with. Go here http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ and try a couple.

    You can run vmware under windows but its so much slower under windows than under Linux that I highly recommend doing it under Linux.

    From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq@planetcobalt.net>
    Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:58:19 +0200

    Sent via the WebMail system at ninefamily.com

    • Re: Changing Email Handlers
      ... "Is there a way to make RR Webmail my email handler instead of Windows ... of instructions and I ... Is there a way to make RR Webmail my email handler instead of Windows Mail? ...
    • Re: Windows Sockets books
      ... Comer and Stevens are highly recognized texts on the details of TCP/IP ... Windows 2000 TCP/IP Protocol and Services Technical Reference from ... For sockets programming under .NET, I highly recommend C# Network ...
      (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
    • Re: need help
      ... I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. ... Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail. ... Use a free Gmail, AOL, or Hotmail/Live account. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
    • Re: Changing Email Handlers
      ... When you click on a mailto: link on a webpage, you want IE to open at the RR webmail site. ... When they click on the mailto: link on your website, it will open their default email program, and they can send you email (unless they also wish to use RR webmail, which is highly unlikely). ... What I want the messages to do is to go to RR WebMail and NEVER to Windows ... I do not want to use Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail until the issue ...
    • Re: Cant reply to Webmail in Outlook 2007
      ... I access my company email using Webmail. ... On my laptop, which runs Windows XP ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook)