Re: OS to know.

From: xyberpix (xyberpix_at_xyberpix.com)
Date: 10/14/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:34:41 +0100
    To: Curtis LaMasters <curtislamasters@gmail.com>

    Curtis,

    You're joking right?????
    Are you allowed to give all that info out?

    xyberpix

    On 13 Oct 2005, at 00:57, Curtis LaMasters wrote:

    > I'm a Systems Administrator in the Marine Coprs so I can give you
    > insigt on the military section of the government. We are currently
    > running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000 as our
    > typical server and desktop operating systems. You will see some
    > instances of Red Hat Enterprise, Solaris, and BSD. Our current
    > firewall choice is the Cyberguard Firewall Appliance. As for routers
    > and switches we are 100 percent Cisco IOS. The current standardized
    > os is 12.3x. Hope that helps.
    >
    > Curtis
    >
    > On 10/11/05, John Williams <ibmros@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I am a graduate student at George Mason University obtaining my MS in
    >> Information Security and Assurance. What operating system is used
    >> more for
    >> security administration in the private sector versus the
    >> government sector?
    >> Pretty much I would like to know what operating system I should
    >> focus on if
    >> I wanted to pursue a government career in security or if I wanted
    >> to purse a
    >> career in the private sector. Thanks.
    >>

    >> Mark Jacobs

    >> On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on
    >> how to
    >> get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement
    >>

    > --
    > Curtis LaMasters
    >
    > "Life is hard, but It's harder when your stupid"

    • Re: Am I allowed to bring a bottle of water with me?
      ... actually are trained in some security techniques. ... force of the Postal Inspection Service and on and on all have better ... government, we overpaid for a system that does less than not only the ... Speaking of the private sector, my wife returned from Kansas City last ...
      (rec.travel.air)
    • Re: OS to know.
      ... Government software implementations varies widely between ... If you are looking for a government security job you ... > security administration in the private sector versus the government sector? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Tax it!
      ... service employee is paid less than a comparable job in the private sector brings. ... Advantages of working for the government are security and benefits. ...
      (misc.rural)
    • RE: OS to know.
      ... of security first. ... Information Security Management Handbook, Fifth Edition. ... >> more for security administration in the private sector versus the ... >> government sector? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: OT - Kuwait
      ... > strict security procedures to prevent unauthorized release of the keys. ... > established their authority to acquire the content of those communications ... Every one but you knows the government has been evesdropping on email & ... Social Security Administration have computer files on nearly all Americans. ...
      (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)